Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The First Step...


I have been living with, sometime suffering with, Depression, Anxiety, Borderline Personality Disorder and weight issues for the better part of 20+ years. This is very difficult for anyone to admit about themselves, but I feel by writing this blog it will be another form of Therapy for me. I hope to learn and grow from TMS and the therapy that goes along with it.

I got turned on to TMS through an ad for a seminar on Facebook of all places.  I Googled TMS and found more information than expected, along with videos, so I quickly registered for the seminar and attended it the following night.  One of the speakers was a gal that had been through the Therapy very successfully, and I was feeling so encouraged. I felt like there may be hope out there for me yet.

Now that the day for my consultation is here, I am excited and nervous. Excited that this may take me on a journey to discover the real me, nervous that I wont meet the criteria to go forward. I am being very proactive about this, I am taking the most level headed and biggest cheerleader with me, my Dad, Dick DeVaney. I hope that we both hear all of the same information and he will help me know if this is best for me, because he does know me better than anyone.

After my initial meeting with the first group offering TMS and I have a friend from high school, that I had reconnected with at our last reunion get in contact with me because of what I had written in face. Chad Haber just had to have me meet with his wife Annette; also know as Dr Annette Bosworth and said of course right away because I remember Annette being so full of life and so fun. The next day I meet with Annette at her office Meaningful Medicine, never in my wildest dreams would I imagine she would have a TMS set up sitting in her office.  I felt some peace fall upon me. I had been struggling how to pay for the treatment.  This was the answer we had both been looking for, so we set an appointment for the following Friday.  

Check back and hear what went on through that discussion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment